Established in 2015 the Clean Slate Clinic provides a discreet service for those wishing to address problem drinking. The Clinic, led by Dr Chris Davis and supported by highly-trained nursing staff, offers a 7 day outpatient program, follow-up consults, group support and external referrals as necessary. The program has a high success rate in helping people cut down or stop their problem drinking and is the subject of a medical research paper.
Specifically, the program involves:
- an initial assessment to ascertain a client's suitability to the program
- vitamin injections pre-detox
- a urine drug screen
- daily attendance at the clinic to receive medication that will facilitate the detox
- daily breathalyser tests
- a post-detox review at the end of the 10 day period, at which anti-craving medication will be offered
- referral to external support groups
- follow up appointments to track wellbeing
The program can be bulk-billed for concession card holders, with fees applying for other clients.
To find out more about the Clean Slate Clinic please book a long consultation with Dr Chris Davis, online or by phoning reception on 9332 2531
See more about the Clean Slate Clinic, with thanks to ACON (AIDS Council of New South Wales):